Outhouse East relies on the support of volunteers in order to provide the excellent services we are able to offer. Without the important work of our volunteers, we’d be lost, and we’re always on the lookout for more!
Whether you’re able to help out on a regular basis, or just an hour here and there, we definitely have a volunteering opportunity that suits you.
At Outhouse East, we believe that volunteering shouldn't just be about benefiting our services, but benefiting you as well. Not only will volunteering enhance your CV and skill set, we aim for you to feel included in a valuable team... and have fun! We want our volunteers to love what they do, and that’s why we run regular social events, team meetings, training sessions and peer-support sessions, so that you will always feel part of an active team, valued and appreciated, and have your ideas heard and considered.
How it works
• LGBT Awareness Volunteer*
• Colchester Pride Volunteer*
• Trustee: Volunteer Co-Ordinator
• Social Host
• Events Officer
• Trustee: Media Co-Ordinator
• Social Media Volunteer*
• Trustee: Funding Co-Ordinator
• Fundraising Volunteer
• Bid Writer
(if it has an asterisk * it means it's available to students in full-time/part-time education)
1. Read the Role Specifications document below regarding the particular volunteer role you're after.
2. For the roles of Trustee (any) and Social Host, you should attend a Taster Shadow Session, where you will spend some time shadowing a current volunteer to see if you'd enjoy the role. For all other roles, please download the application form and fill it in using Office Word:
3. Send us your completed application form at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. We'll take it from there!
This document tells you exactly what a specific role entails, the skills and qualifications we're looking for, and minimum time commitment. Scroll down to the role you fancy, have a read through, and if it looks like a match made in heaven, contact us!